Sat, 28 Nov|
Exploring The Nuances In The 21st Century Marriage - A Conversation Around The Needs Of Modern Ghanaian Couples.
This webinar seeks to explore the emerging struggles, opportunities, and barriers facing modern Couples and Families which are mostly not addressed by various stakeholders in the marriage Value Chain. Key themes to consider will include Sex, Boundaries, Privacy, Economic Power, Independence etc.
Time & Location
28 Nov 2020, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm GMT
About The Event
Modern marriages are struggling because the traditional dynamics around the marriage institution and the family have changed. Family structures have also evolved to reflect the broader world around us. This webinar seeks to explore the emerging struggles, opportunities, and barriers facing modern Couples and Families which are mostly not addressed by various stakeholders in the marriage Value Chain.
Themes to be covered in this webinar will include:
- The influence of work-life, finance, social media etc on the sex life of couples
- Setting Boundaries in this era of Social Media and Social Messaging,
- The dichotomy between Privacy and openness in marriage
- Economic Power of women and what it means to modern marriages when we talk about submission, respecting her views, and accepting that the home does not run on a master-servant relationship but on a partnership,
- Finding independence in a relationship which is to be a dependant one.
- Property Acquisition and ownership
This Webinar is to set the tone for a conversation that is long overdue. Out of this conversation, it is the hope that:
- The unwritten Ghanaian 'Marriage Counseling Manual' will change to reflect these emerging needs
- People will come to understand the realities confronting modern marriages and get insight into why Divorce is on the increase
- People receive the right tools needed to navigate this uncharted terrain of the 21st Century Ghanaian Marriage so they can thrive
- It will give those who want to start afresh the right tools to do so.
It is our hope and faith that you will join this webinar and recommend it to your friends to give yourselves a shot at a good marriage.
The PG Sebastian Coaching Team